Aquarium Private Dining
Dine Under the Sea
Melbourne’s only underwater dining experience is reopening on Monday 19 October and – for the first time ever – taking private lunch bookings. Open to guests of all ages, the Private Dining packages include a self-guided tour of the aquarium, a three-course dinner and a two-hour beverage package.
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm daily
Dinner: 6pm - 8:45pm daily
- 45 Minute exclusive after-hours self-guided aquarium tour.
- 2 hour intimate dining experience.
- Selection of breads & olives for starters.
- Scrumptious main course (set menu).
- Chef’s selection of Petit Fours for dessert.
- 2 hour premium beverage package; including sparkling, white & red wine, beer, soft drinks.
- Cocktail on arrival.
- Memorable dining experience in your chosen zone.
Dine underneath the waves and enjoy the panoramic views of the water above you. Surrounded by sharks, stingrays, sawfish and more; the Shark Tunnel is SEA LIFE Melbourne’s premier location for any unforgettable moment.
Immerse yourself in the heart of the Mermaid Garden seated in the centre of a breathtaking panoramic backdrop of majestic sharks, stingrays and thousands of marine creatures - this is the ultimate culinary experience.
Dine in front of the Shipwreck Theatre window that looks into the deepest parts of the Oceanarium, watch in awe as some of the aquarium's largest creatures cruise by.
NEW! Ocean Invaders zone
Immerse yourself in Ocean Invaders, the underwater space-like jellyfish exhibit. Sip your luminous cocktail while you watch these mesmerising creatures pulsate their way around you!
Our outdoor dining area on the upper deck boasts spectacular views across the Yarra River and looks at the lights of Melbourne. This entire deck is yours to share with that special someone.
Get up close with our cheeky Gentoo and majestic King Penguins with your dining table centimetres from the ice, here you will be transported to Antarctica for the night! Please note: this location is only available during summer.
Sit above our five metre Saltwater Crocodile Pinjarra. Within the same area, you will be able to see turtles, snakes, lizards and frogs.
Dine in the cosy environment of the Seahorse Pier with 10 multi-coloured displays for you to marvel at, it is home to the masters of mimicry. The beautiful Weedy Seadragons and Giant Cuttlefish call this romantic zone home.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here to read the full Private Dining Terms and Conditions.
- Groups can book out one of the private spaces for an intimate lunch or dinner of up to 10 people for a minimum spend of $2,000.
- A minimum of 2 people are required to make a reservation.
- External food items or alcohol will not be permitted into the venue or can be arranged for the experience.
- SEA LIFE Melbourne reserve the right to change the agreed dining location, or cancel a confirmed booking at any time if there is a force majeure event, or any other event. In the event of cancellation of a confirmed booking by SEA LIFE Melbourne, SEA LIFE Melbourne will refund in full, or reschedule.
- Please note - Private Dining dates are available to book up to 14 days in advance. Any reservation requests exceeding 14 days will remain tentative, and can only be confirmed if we can proceed within 14 days of the event date.
- Late arrival or failure to attend your allocated time will forfeit your experience & all money paid. Finish times cannot be amended to accommodate for late arrival.
- The experience is non-refundable, non-changeable and is not for resale.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol applies and unruly behaviour will not be tolerated.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are 7 dining locations available for you to select. Your chosen dining area will be visually private, allowing you to enjoy the zone exclusively to yourselves! However, you may see other guests throughout the evening during the self-guided tour. Once you are seated we ask you to be respectful of other guests and remain within your booked location.
Cancellation with a full refund will be permitted up to 7 working days prior to your experience date, if cancellation for a booking occurs less than 7 working days prior to the experience date the full payment will be retained.
As the SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium will be closed to the public, your arrival is strictly required between 5.45pm – 6.00pm, when your dinner host will open the main entrance to admit guests for this experience. At 6.00pm, the entrance doors will be closed. In the circumstances guests are running late we are unable to extend the experience beyond the booked finish time.
We aim to cater to all dietary requests, please contact us with any requirements prior to confirmation of your booking. Unfortunately, any requests made on the night may not be able to be accommodated.
Our packages include 1 x shared appetiser, 1 x main meal per person and 1 x shared dessert platter. This is a set menu - additional food items cannot be arranged for this experience.
Yes, child (3-17 y.o.) pricing are as follows:
-Platinum Package - $200 per child
-Gold Package - $185 per child
-Silver Package - $165 per child
Children under 3 years of age are free. Kids meal can be provided. Please contact to book with our team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9067 8375.