03 Oct 2019 16:20:51
To celebrate the launch of Ocean Invaders, SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium is searching for two curious kids with a keen interest in marine life to apply for the unique role of Junior Jellyfish Reporter!
What could I win?
- The chance to venture behind the scenes to get exclusive access of the new Ocean Invaders exhibit
- VIP meetings with jellyfish experts to learn about the creation of the exhibit, what jellyfish eat, where they came from, and facts about the different species
- The opportunity to report on this incredible project from a youngster's perspective
- Family four platinum Merlin Annual Passes valued at $396 which provide 12 months entry to 10 attractions in Australia and New Zealand
- A SEA LIFE Melbourne prize pack valued at $100
- A special certificate
- Playground bragging rights
- The chance to learn awesome interview skills and be able to share findings on the SEA LIFE Melbourne website and social media pages!
What do I need to do?
- Entrants must be aged 4-12 years old on 1 November 2019
- Entrants must submit a 60 second video explaining why they want this role, and include fun facts about the gelatinous sea creatures
- Applications must be submitted before midnight on Friday 25 October here
- Read all the terms and conditions below before applying!
Terms and conditions
- Application for the SEA LIFE Melbourne Junior Jellyfish Reporter Competition will be accepted here until 11:59pm 25th October 2019
- The 2 winners will be publicly announced on Sunday 3 November 2019
- The 2 winners will be contacted by email on Monday 28 October 2019
- The winners must confirm that they accept this position by Tuesday 29 October 2019
- Applicants must be 4 -12 years old on 1 November 2019
- Winners must be available to visit SEA LIFE Melbourne on Friday 1 November 2019
- Before applying, the applicant must agree that their submission can be used for marketing and publicity purposes
- All entrants must have permission of a parent or guardian over 18 years of age to enter the competition
- All entrants must be willing to participate in up to six events, and agree to photos and videos from these events being used for marketing and publicity purposes
- All applicants must submit a short video (maximum 60 seconds) telling us why they should be chosen to become a Junior Jellyfish Reporter at SEA LIFE Melbourne at this link. The video URL must be included, after the video has been uploaded to YouTube, Instagram or Vimeo.
- Submissions will be evaluated based on level of enthusiasm and presentation skills of the child by the management team at SEA LIFE Melbourne.
- Full discretion and decision making on successful applicants lies with the SEA LIFE Melbourne management team. Only one entry per applicant is permitted.
- Entries are open to Victorian residents only.
What is Ocean Invaders?
Launching on Thursday 12 December, Ocean Invaders will be an extraordinary 300sqm exhibit at SEA LIFE Melbourne filled with unique jellyfish displays and spectacular lighting installations over three interactive zones. There will be various species pulsing throughout the zones including blue blubber jellyfish, lion’s mane jellyfish, Australian spotted jellyfish and sea nettles!